1. You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer (whether local or web-based) and/or paper files.
2. Where stored on our secure web server, we undertake to password protect your data giving direct access only to ourselves, and third parties who may need to maintain the database or who manage our website.
3. We aim to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you provide to us from unauthorised access or disclosure
4. You agree that any information which you give us, including sensitive personal data as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 such as health and medical records, may be disclosed to third parties (e.g. product providers, credit reference agencies and medical practitioners, where relevant and anyone whom we may use to process your application on our behalf) for the purpose of processing your application and for the ongoing administration of your investment or policy but for no other purpose. Your information may also be accessed for the purpose of web site maintenance and administration, and the Financial Conduct Authority for investigative work, and fraud prevention agencies if requested to do so in order to meet our responsibilities under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and general United Kingdom law.
5. You agree that we may use the information that we hold about you to contact you from time to time by post, fax, email or telephone to bring to your attention additional products or services, which may be of benefit to you or comments and news features which may be of interest to you
6. In accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 we agree that any consent given by you under paragraphs 5 and 6 above may be withdrawn by you at any time by contacting us by email or in writing.Your rights
Our site may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their content and that these websites have their own privacy policies.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.